MSM Plastics Engineering
Automation for extrusion and injection molding
Feeding and conveying
Conveying the plastic granules automatically – and at the right time – means avoiding costly machine stops due to lack of materials, preventing material spillage, minimising the possibility of contamination and providing a clean, safe working environment.
MSM can offer its customers solutions to all problems of transporting materials, whether they are plastic granules, pellets or powders.
MSM feeding and conveying systems are divided into the following categories:
- Compressed air single-phase hopper loaders with the innovative Ejet-System° (HLV series);
- Compressed air single-phase hopper loaders (HLP series);
- Single-phase vacuum hopper loaders (HL and HLM series);
- Three-phase hopper loaders composed of receiver, blower and filtering unit;
- Central conveying systems.
In the plastics industry, in order to limit production waste, plastic materials must be dehumidified up to a well determined residual moisture content.
The proper dehumidification of plastics before their transformation in the plasticizing screw is therefore a key factor for attaining quality processing.
MSM products range for plastic materials dehumidification includes:
- Compressed air dehumidificators
- Single tower molecular sieve dehumidifiers
- Twin-tower molecular sieve dehumidifiers
Dehumidification systems can be used in different configurations, in order to implement single, centralized or multi-hopper solutions.
A wide range of process hoppers is available to satisfy any need.
Hot air drying
In the field of plastics transforming, in order to obtain a high product quality, it is necessary, on some thermoplastic materials, to remove their surface moisture and to preheat them, before they reach the plasticizing screw of the transforming machine.
The right drying of non-hygroscopic plastic materials and their preheating is therefore is the first step in the direction of quality processing and energy saving.
MSM offer the following range of products for plastic materials drying:
- Single-phase hot air dryers
- Three-phase hot air dryers
- Ground hot air dryers
- WIND, PET treatment system
A wide range of process hoppers is available to meet every need.
Dosing and blending
MSM, at the forefront in the plastics dosing field, offers different systems suitable for application in the different fields of injection, extrusion, etc.
The systems for plastic materials dosing and blending presented by MSM are divided into the following categories:
- Volumetric dosing
- Gravimetric batch dosing
- Loss-in-weight gravimetric dosing
- Multibatch dosing
- Compound dosing
- Dosing for fluids
In addition to volumetric dosing systems, horizontal mixers are available to increase dosing performance.
In-line waste recovery
Granulators produced by MSM has been manufactured both in design and in technical details to give a reliable, compact product for the recovery of sprues, trimmings etc. The low number of revolutions per minute and the multi-blade rotor make it possible to use low electrical power, obtaining, thanks also to a particular geometry of the granulation chamber, a low noise level and a low powder regrind.
Products from this category are:
- FW granulators
- Systems for trimmings in-line recovery
Blown film extrusion
For plastics extrusion, MSM offers the customer different solutions for process automation, especially in the blown film and sheet extrusion of HDPE, LDPE, LLDPE and BIO plastic materials:
- Blown film extrusion management systems
- Gravimetric dosing systems for extrusion
- Cooling rings for blown film extrusion
- Automatic cooling rings with on-line film thickness control
- Film width measurement and control systems
- Systems for measuring film thickness profile through a fixed scanner (for rotating extrusion heads) or a rotating circular scanner (for fixed heads)
- Production web management system to improve product quality and increase productivity
MSM offers a wide range of storage and raw materials management systems, both single and centralized:
- Storage containers
- Modular storage containers
- Rapid siloing systems
- Traditional silos
- Thrust loading systems
- Big-bags loading / unloading systems
- Vertical mixers
In the field of PET treatment, MSM offers innovative solutions for:
- recycled PET treatment, WD system and CT crystallizers
- crystalline PET treatment, WIND system and DDT dehumidifiers
MSM provides consulting services for any plastics industry area, such as injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, etc.
Thanks to its team of professionals, MSM offers an accurate service that includes feasibility study, project development and engineering in the field of automation for the plastics industry and beyond.
No detail is left undetermined: MSM is your highly specialized technological partner in the implementation of complex systems in the transformation of plastic materials, supported for over 30 years of installations in all the application sectors of the world of plastic materials. Its long experience allows MSM to study and determine the best solution for your operational structure allowing to achieve greater performance and a higher control of production, costs and final quality.
MSM also provides a revamping service, consisting of the reconditioning and upgrading your old machinery or plants, with the aim of optimizing production, reducing energy consumption, improving environmental impact and working conditions.
The MSM design department is structured to perform many activities like:
- mechanical design supported by the most up-to-date 3D CAD, CAM, and FEM simulation software
- electrical and electronic design of PLCs, electrical panels, etc.
- software design for touch-screen devices
- feasibility studies for the customer complete with Lay-out development, prototyping, etc.
- publishing of technical documentation, manuals, etc.
- studies and projects for customization of machines or systems
MSM offers its customers an after-sales support service.
Thanks to the support service via email, the customer, after specifying as much information as possible regarding the product and/or the problem encountered, can get a quick and accurate response to his request. The information to be provided in the email to get a quick reply is:
- model and serial number of the product/machine
- a very detailed description of the problem/weird behaviour
- list of all alarm signals reported by the machine
- operating parameters (temperatures, pressures, etc.)
- photos of the machine and/or installation context, if necessary
As an alternative to the e-mail, a form to be filled out online is available.
The MSM technical service is offered at different levels:
- Support service via email, for a first contact and information collection
- Remote assistance service: where applied, MSM staff remotely modifies the working parameters of the equipment to optimize performance, monitor systems, etc.
- Assistance at the customer's site: following a formal request from the customer, if necessary, MSM sends its staff to the customer's site.
- Intervention at our headquarters: if necessary, MSM asks for the shipment of the equipment for a detailed analysis and possible intervention at our factory.
- Spare parts service: again following a formal request by the customer, complete with spare part codes indicated in the machine use and maintenance manual, MSM will send the respective quotation as soon as possible.
For a quick and effective solution to your request, we emphasize the importance of providing accurate and complete information, by email or by filling out our specific request form.